GiellaLT Documentation

GiellaLT provides rule-based language technology aimed at minority and indigenous languages

View GiellaLT on GitHub giellalt/site-giellalt.uit.no

Page Content

Meeting setup

Agenda

  1. Opening, agenda review
  2. Reviewing the task list from last week
  3. Documentation - divvun.no
  4. Corpus gathering
  5. Corpus infrastructure
  6. Infrastructure
  7. Linguistics
  8. name lexicon infrastructure
  9. Spellers
  10. Other issues
  11. Summary, task lists
  12. Closing

1. Opening, agenda review, participants

Opened at 09:48.

Present: Børre, Maaren, Saara, Sjur, Steinar, Thomas, Tomi, Trond

Absent: none

Agenda accepted as is.

2. Updated task status since last meeting

Børre

Maaren

Saara

Sjur

Steinar

Thomas

Tomi

Trond

3. Documentation

The open documentation issues fall into these three categories:

TODO:

4. Corpus gathering

Trond added one new text from Harald Gaski corp$ convert2xml.pl orig/sme/facta/file.doc

TODO:

5. Corpus infrastructure

Alignment

TODO

6. Infrastructure

TODO:

7. Linguistics

North Sámi

Maaren is working on actio compounds, using the info found in Nickel. Thomas wants to make sure we’re understanding the issue in the same way. They will discuss this further after the meeting.

LEXICON BOAHTALADDAN ! not compounding
LEXICON BOAHTIN ! compounding, like: boahtin-

TODO:

Lule Sámi

TODO:

8. Name lexicon infrastructure

Decisions made in Tromsø can be found in [this meeting memo.|/admin/physical_meetings/tromso-2006-08-propnoun.html]

TODO:

  1. fix bugs in lexc2xml; add comments to the log element (Saara)
  2. finish first version of the editing (Sjur)
  3. test editing of the xml files. If ok, then: (Sjur, Thomas, Trond)
  4. make terms-smX.xml <=== automatically from propernoun-sme-lex.xml (add nob as well) (the morphological section should be kept intact, in e.g. propernoun-sme-morph.txt) (Sjur, Saara)
  5. convert propernoun-($lang)-lex.txt to a derived file from common xml files (Sjur, Tomi, Saara)
  6. implement data synchronisation between risten.no and the cvs repo, and possibly other servers (ie the G5 as an alternative server to the public risten.no - it might be faster and better suited than the official one; also local installations could be treated the same way)
  7. start to use the xml file as source file
  8. clean terms-sme.xml such that all names have the correct tag for their use (e.g. @type=secondary) (Thomas, Maaren, linguists)
  9. merge placenames which are errouneously in different entries: e.g. Helsinki, Helsingfors, Helsset (linguists)
  10. publish the name lexicon on risten.no (Sjur)
  11. add missing parallel names for placenames (linguists)
  12. add informative links between first names like Niillas and Nils (linguists)

9. Spellers

OOo speller(s)

TODO after the MS Office Beta is delivered:

Testing

Selecting test texts

In principle, we need the same text types as the ones we already aim at in our corpus. In practice, we must use new, unseen texts. We would like to have a balanced input of texts, but right now:

Storing test texts

TODO:

Testing tools

TODO:

Regression tests

TODO:

Localisation

We need to translate the info added to our front page (and a separate page) regarding the beta release. Also the press release needs to be translated.

TODO:

Lexicon conversion to the PLX format

TODO:

  1. add gt/cwb/paradigm.smj.txt file into gt/script/server_anl.pl (Saara)
    1. done
  2. add prefixes to the PLX (Børre)
  3. middle nouns (Børre)
  4. add Makefile target for PLX conversion of lexc files (Tomi):
    1. done
    2. adjectives
    3. nouns
    4. propernouns
    5. verbs derived into other POSes
    6. verbs - must be done on gtsvn.uit.no
      1. produced by the paradigm server on victorio? or regenerate every night, and make it available for regular download? (Tomi, Saara)
  5. make conversion test sample; add conversion testing to the make file (Tomi)
  6. improve number conversion (Børre, Tomi)
  7. compile verb lists on victorio, make them available on our public server (Saara, Sjur)
  8. speed issue with smj verb derivations - and this is only derivations to non-verbs (Tomi, Saara, Sjur)

Public Beta release

Due to the problems with generating the PLX files discussed above, we need to move the release date further. End of March?

Linguistic issues still open:

DONE:

TODO:

Version identification of speller lexicons

TODO:

10. Other

Project meeting IRL

The planned gathering will have to be on 16.-20.4., in Tromsø, most likely. All of Divvun should participate, probably some from the UiTø project as well.

Corpus contracts

TODO:

Updates:

Bug fixing

48 open Divvun/Disamb bugs, and 23 risten.no bugs

Easter

11. Next meeting, closing

The next meeting is 2.4.2007, 09:30 Norwegian time.

The meeting was closed at 10:49.

Appendix - task lists for the next week

Boerre

Maaren

Saara

Sjur

Steinar

Thomas

Tomi

Trond