- Date: 21.02.2005
- Time: 10.00 Norw. time
- Place: Wherever we are:-)
- Tools: Phone, iChat, SubEthaEdit
- Opening, agenda review
- Reviewing the task list from a week ago
- Documentation - still issues open?
- Corpus gathering
- Corpus infrastructure
- Term db
- Other issues
- Summary, task lists
Last week’s task list
- Sjur + Børre: set up divvun.no
- Tomi: Documentation system: Set up everybody (Tomi helps Marit set up
forrest and XXE)
- Trond: Erling Paulsen cont.
- Tomi, Trond: Continue 7bit > utf-8 issue in the documentation.
- Sjur: Resend e-mail about newsgroup problem
- Corpus DTD: Contact Lars Nygård. Start discussing concrete examples, directory
- Børre: Have a look at forrest port crash in cochise
- Børre, Sjur: .profile issue: Investigate more, discuss on the newsgroup
- Maaren: translate corpus letter
- Sjur, Børre: set up a suitable format for the meeting memos for easy
publishing in Forrest (cont.)
- Børre: mpage or equiv.
- Sjur + Tomi: fix Maaren’s computer problems
1. Opening, agenda review
- Opened at 10
- Agenda accepted as is
2. Reviewing the task list from a week ago
- Børre contacts IT-staff about divvun.no
- Børre and Trond: Set up Marit and guest computer with forrest
- Newsgroup issue solved, with the help from Erling Paulsen. Thomas and Maren
are able to read the newsgroup
- Tomi, Trond: Corrected some, more to do
- Corpus DTD: Tomi and Trond had a meeting with Lars. Tomi, Trond and Børre
continue the work.
- cochise: Sjur has added that issue (potential port crash in Forrest, and how
to run Forrest on a different port) to the docu.
- Meeting memos: still utf-8 issues. Bug filed on forrest, hopefully resolved
in a reasonable time. Meeting memos are available in cvs at
- Børre: mpage or equiv. Mac OS X has built-in support, but not as pretty as mpage.
- Thomas and Maren have working computers
3. Documentation - still issues open?
- Meeting memo support
- Some computers has to be set up (Marit and guest computer in Romsa)
- Check if cochise and forrest are working.
- XXE has a patch for support for extended chars available through the option-key.
4. Corpus gathering
- letter is translated, Børre to contact Anne Britt
- how should the texts be delivered: (e-mail, physically go to the places …)
5. Corpus infrastructure
- to be cont. in the news group
- Add Lars Nygård to the news group?
- Strictly focused threads (conversion, file structure, etc.)
- Good meeting in Romsa. We are progressing nicely, several bugs regarding
adjectives are solved, new ones are filed. The discussion is much more
focused on the actual problems (file structure and not strictly linguistics),
for example in Bugzilla Bug 50 has been narrowed down and improved in comparision
with Bug 39.
- Maaren has again no time (surprise, surprise) (going to Jåhkåmåhkke this week)…
7. Term db
- Tomi has a look at perl issues. Conversion from old to new format.
- Børre takes a look at the documentation. Multilingual issue.
8. Other issues
- Quality assurance on documentation.
- We need reviewers to read and comment
- Add author and version information in each document
- pictures in the newsgroup?
- yes, Tomi to ask for binary post support in Unison
- Trond to bug Erling Paulsen using e-mail from Sjur
- status report for dis. proj.
- “Samisk språkteknologi har laga eit program som kjenner att ca. 95 %
av orda i løpande tekst, som for desse orda kan gje ordklasse og i dei
aller fleste tilfella korrekt grammatisk analyse.” The system contains
1167 rules :-), which is about 1/3 of what is needed.
9. Summary, task lists
- Børre: suggest port numbers in the documentations
- Continue .profile discussion in news, conclusion this week
- Børre: mpage & UTF-8
- Sjur: Post a description on how to patch XXE for Alt key support
- Børre: contact Anne-Britt today, and send the letter.
- Børre and Trond: update emacs and xml-mode, check automatic version-stamp
in cvs $id$?
- Sjur: Send e-mail to Trond regarding binary files on the news group
- Børre: wiki support in forrest
- Trond: invite Lars N
- Børre + Trond: set up computers, check forrest in cochise
- Børre: divvun.no
- Tomi/Børre: do some work for Sjur on the termdb
Closed at 11:30